Al Anon is an organization created to help friends and
families of alcoholics live life the best they can.
The focus is on oneself, not the alcoholic.
The individual that practices Al Anon principles goes
thru their own recovery process.
Each meeting begins with the Serenity Prayer:
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change.
Courage to change the things I can.
And the wisdom to know the difference.
THE TWELVE STEPS
Anon practices the same 12 steps of AA.
Step 1: We admit we are powerless over addictions, over other people,
over our compulsive behaviors ...
3. Decide to let go and let God
4. Seek to understand myself in depth
5. Admit my wrong doings
6. Be ready to get rid of my defects of character
7. Ask to let go of these defects
8. List those I have hurt, including myself
9. Apologize to those I have hurt
10. Continuously seek to understand myself
11. Pray & meditate
12. Set an example and spread the word
First things first
Let it begin with me
Let go and let God
Just for today
Easy does it
Listen and learn
Live and let live
One day at a time
Keep it simple
you have the 'Courage to Change'.